1. Give us a quick intro – what’s your name? How long have you worked at Glow? What’s your job title?
Hi, I’m Laura Hawtin, Head of Business Development at The Glow Studio. I’ve worked at Glow for 6 years.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It would change regularly but tended to flit between a Ballerina or a Vet.
3. What’s your favourite meal?
Can I choose a starter, main and dessert?
Starter: Warm goat’s cheese salad with pine nuts
Main: Fillet steak (rare) with bearnaise sauce, veg and potato dauphinoise
Dessert: Chocolate Ice Cream
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Australia – I’ve always wanted to go but have never been.
5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Teleportation – to be anywhere, instantly!
6. If you could meet any famous person (dead or alive), who would it be?
I find this question so difficult, as my answer changes by the minute. I’d love to meet Michelle Obama, I read ‘Becoming’ during the first lockdown. I was already a big fan, but after reading the book, I’m convinced we’d be best friends if we met 😉
7. If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or into the future?
I’d love to go back in time to give my younger self some advice, so probably back to the mid 90s. Although my younger self would just think I was a loon.
8. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
Line of Duty – all six series, I was a bit late to that party!
9. What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
A funny anecdote – either me telling one and making someone howl with laughter, or listening to someone else’s and getting belly ache from laughing so much.
10. What song always gets you out on the dance floor?
Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire
It’s just a great tune that gets everyone out on the dance floor and singing along.
11. Ideally, how would you spend your birthday?
Eating and drinking with friends and family, somewhere hot, with some shade for my pale skin!
12. What’s your favourite thing about your current job?
How much I can totally be myself at work and still the team seem to like me!
They’re honestly the best team I’ve ever worked with, and I’ve worked with some great ones.
13. Do you believe in having a “five-year plan”?
YES! And a 2 year plan, and a 10 year plan!
14. Which of your personality traits are you most proud of?
My optimism – I can’t deny having moments where things can feel pretty dire, but generally speaking, I’m always pretty confident that everything is going to turn out ok and love to hype other people up so that they feel positive about the future too.
15. What would be the title of your memoir?
It would have a sweary title, so not sure I should divulge that here!