We wanted to introduce you, a little more informally, to the Glow team. Meet Lisa Lavis, Glow’s Managing Director. A keen cyclist (to the cake shop), Fowey fanatic and Pilates queen. Here are 15 questions and answers to help you to get to know Lisa a little better:
1. Give us a quick intro – what’s your name? How long have you worked at Glow? What’s your job title?
Hi, my name is Lisa Lavis and I co-founded Glow in the year 2000. I am Glow’s Managing Director.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A Travel or Estate Agent. Working with people to help them achieve their dreams.
3. What’s your favourite meal?
Ooh tricky, I love so much food. Anything Italian.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Absolutely anywhere if I’m with my favourite people.
5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
6. If you could meet any famous person (dead or alive), who would it be?
That’s hard, just one? James Dean. His cool look and style has never dated and I’d love to get to know the real him.
7. If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or into the future?
Both simultaneously, on the same trip.
8. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
Mare of Easttown – gritty brilliance. Funny too.
9. What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
Hearing a Welsh accent.
10. What song always gets you out on the dance floor?
I recently compiled a mega Spotify list for a certain birthday earlier this month. Here’s a few selected at random: Proud Mary, Ike & Tina Turner. The Eton Rifles, The Jam. C’est La Vie, Stereophonics. Just Can’t Get Enough, Depeche Mode.
11. Ideally, how would you spend your birthday?
Big garden party, friends, family, authentic wood fired pizzas, hired bar & bar person, cocktails, dancing …. oh, hang on 😉 … it was just fabulous!
12. What’s your favourite thing about your current job?
Oh, so much. The team. Our values. Our culture. Our clients. I’m not the travel agent I thought I would be aged 14 but running Glow is the best.
13. Do you believe in having a “five-year plan”?
Not a strict one. Glow and I have a strategic plan and I have a good idea where I want to be but it’s mega fluid.
14. Which of your personality traits are you most proud of?
Being an ambivert.
15. What would be the title of your memoir?
I can do this!