You might be surprised to learn that creativity and design take great logic. Clients often think design is colour and shape, but more often than not, it is space, geometry and aesthetics. It takes a logical brain to organise and translate information into graphic form and ensure it is straightforward, easy on the eye and delivers the objective.
Mark, one of our fantastic designers, has a very logical brain and puts this to good use daily. With over twenty years of design experience, his creativity is fostered through detail, clarity and commonsensical design, and he has produced some outstanding work for clients.
Some interesting facts about Mark are that he loves dance music, running, and skateboarding and started his career as a game tester! How cool is that?
Here is a little more about Mark from our ‘Get to know a Glow’ blog:
1. Give us a quick intro – what’s your name? How long have you worked at Glow? What’s your job title?
Mark Burnell, newbie Senior Graphic Designer at Glow.
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Professional Skateboarder (Tony Hawk).
3. What’s your favourite meal?
Anything spicey, I love new flavours and will often try something different.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would love to visit Tokyo (The home of Manga and Anime) for the hustle and bustle and bright lights.
5. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Super strength, it would be great never having to worry about being able to open a jar.
6. If you could meet any famous person (dead or alive), who would it be?
Paul Rand to watch his design process.
Read Mark’s full ‘Get to know a Glow’ blog here.